One evening while we were eating Fajitas! both Eleanor & Beth were remembering “that time in Brooklyn” when we had Breakfast Burritos. Honestly I couldn’t remember it at all, so this morning I worked it out – here’s the recipe.
|8 slices bacon chopped|
|1 cup chopped mushrooms|
|1/2 cup chopped peppers|
|1 tbsp butter|
|Salt & pepper|
- In a skillet over high heat cook the chopped bacon until nice and crispy. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper. Set to 1 side
- Remove some of the bacon fat from the pan, add the mushrooms and peppers and cook until soft. Set to 1 side
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, salt and pepper
- Add the butter to the pan, add egg mixture and whisk as it cooks. Set to 1 side
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Assemble your burritos:
- Place a tortilla on a square of foil slightly larger then the tortilla.
- On 1 half of the tortilla layer the filling in the following order: Sour cream, salsa, egg, cheese, bacon, pepper and mushroom mix.
- Carefully roll the tortilla from the side with the filling
- Fold foil over the bottom of the burrito and wrap around tightly