Chili, Cheese, Brocollini
Happily Eleanor and Beth both love vegetables, but sometimes it’s fun to spice them up a little. This is a really simple way of yumming up brocollini! The day I learned that blanching green veggies makes their color pop was a very fun day!
|Red chili flakes
|1 cup finely shredded pecorino romano cheese
|Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil
- Prepare an ice bath – large dish of ice water
- Trim the stems of the brocollini
- Drop the brocollini in to the boiling water for 30 – 60 seconds (watch the color change!)
- Remove the brocollini from the boiling water and immediately submerge in the ice bath to stop the cooking and freeze the color.
- Once cool remove from the ice water and pat dry.
- Lay the brocollini on a large baking tray, sprinkle on red chili flakes, pepper and cheese
- Bake for 15 mins, till cheese is crisp and brocollini slightly brown in places.