Fajitas – super quick and easy to make, completely scrumptious and a really good thing to make if you ever have left over steak!
I think the real reason you love these, is because you get to build your own. Adding whatever mixture of filling you like, and in Eleanor’s case taking great delight in Fajita art!
|Tbsp olive oil|
|1 onion sliced|
|1 clove garlic chopped|
|Cup of red & yellow & orange peppers sliced|
|Thinly sliced chicken or steak|
|1/4 cup red wine|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|Salt & pepper|
|Shredded lettuce hearts|
- Heat the olive in a heavy skillet or pan on medium high heat
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 mins
- Add peppers and sauté for 2 mins
- Add red wine and cook for 2 mins
- Add chicken or steak, oregano, turmeric, coriander, salt & pepper stirring regularly cook until meat is cooked through
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute
Serve family style in dishes with the tomato, lettuce, sour cream and cheese…… and plenty of napkins!!