Frittata was the first thing Beth ever really learned to cook, she loved it so much that we must have eaten it every weekend for 3 months in 2015!
The lovely thing about this dish is that you can pretty much put anything you fancy in it. So below if the base recipe, and some of our favorite variations.
|2 eggs per person
|Slosh of Milk
|Cup of shredded Mexican cheese*
|Salt & Pepper
|1 Tbsp dried Parsley
|1 Tbsp dried chives
|Tbsp olive oil
|1 onion finely chopped
|1 clove garlic minced
|Lots and lots of spinach
* Crumbled goats cheese is a lovely alternative
|Our Favorite Additions
|Sliced tomatos to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, parsley and chives; set to 1 side
- In an oven proof skillet or pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat (if you are adding salami you can ommitt the olive oil, add the salami first and cook till it’s released some oil)
- Add onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent
- Add any other ingredients you wish to include and cook, stirring well until they start to go soft
- Add the spinach stirring until just wilted
- Remove the pan from the heat, spread ingredients out evenly in pan, pour over egg mixture stirring slightly to ensure even spread.
- Add tomato garnish if you wish
- Pop the pan in the oven for about 15 mins until firm (if needed a quick blast under the broiler at the end works wonders!)